Saturday, December 30, 2006

Feeling Old?

I do not want to sound like a broken recorder so i am indeed repeating this here one last time. Some people have already heard it and probably sick and tired of hearing it so i'm writing this as a form of closure for myself.

I'm feeling old.

I'll be having my birthday soon and no, i'm not hinting for gifts to flow in. I've never ever felt old before. I've always been very chirpy and maybe a little too chirpy for some and in fact, may be unbearable to many. Over the years, i've toned down alot but i can't help being hyperactive when the sugar level repeatedly hit its new high everyday. I'm not aiming to be the most popular person around but i have hit certain lows emotionally when i feel like i've made others felt disturbed by my actions.

I'm feeling old not so much because i'm not in any stable relationship or that my life's not going according to plan. I'm feeling old when i think of my age and i'm still stuck at a career low. It may be premature to even say career low when i've only started work for 6 months but i do feel that i'm not moving fast enough and my biological clock is ticking real fast. Yet again i have to stress that biological clock is not about being a mother, getting married, giving births after births, just physically you can feel your body ticking towards failing health. Back to career, i don't know if certain choices i'm making is right. Maybe i should just wait and watch and see what happens. Maybe i shouldn't be so ambitious and expect things to move faster than i hope for. Maybe i should just feel contented to even have a job. Maybe... Just maybe...

No comments: