Friday, December 08, 2006

Fun But Disastrous Trip

Hong Kong was fun as usual but you can't believe what actually happened to me. i shall keep you in suspense till the end of this post.

I was told a few hours before i board the plane that i'll be going straight into our Hong Kong office so we had to be in formal attire when we get on the bloody flight. Be begin with, it was already torturous to wake up early in the morning let alone having to work immediately after landing. You may call us lucky, our flight was delayed slightly but it didn't quite made a difference. From the airport express station, we actually walked to the office, on foot of course, lugging ridiculously heavy luggages. Well you see, i do not travel light at all. My toiletries bag itself weighed a tonne. By the time i got to the office, i can deflated entirely.

There was no computer for me so i didn't quite work till a hour later or something while i waited for my comp to be set up. I could have gone to the hotel to take a shower, would have felt much fresher. Not that it mattered, my colleagues there were wonderful people.

Friday night was a night of food and more food, drinks and more drinks and i loved it. Well didn't had much party, we were just too exhausted. But Saturday night was almost insane. We club hopped till the wee hours in the morning and i have to admit, it's been a long time since i've done that and i really enjoyed myself. Having a boss who is a party animal himself, it was "almost" all expenses paid.

Treasure hunt on Saturday was unexpectedly fun. My team was really competitive and we won ourselves each a HKD 100 Dymocks voucher. Photos can be found via a link on this blog. Look for my favourite colleague holding her swanky cam. Other photos can be viewed on http://www.lawalliancetreasurehunt.zoomshare.com - Enjoy!

Sunday was the beginning of disaster. When i left in the cab heading to my next hotel, i realised i lost HKD 2000. I quickly waved at my colleagues who were heading to the airport and they thought i was saying goodbye. However i did managed to stop them to rob them of their last dollar.

Monday was worst. You wouldn't believe the amount of bad luck i carried in me. I got pickpocketed of another HKD 900 after i spent only 100 for lunch. I didn't quite had mood for the rest of the trip until i bought myself some stuffs which included a wallet to keep my monies organised. I left for the airport early cuz i had no more money to shop and i probably maxed out my credit card by then.

And you think my bad luck should have ran out by now. Nope it didn't. I bought this gorgeous pair of shoes, wasn't cheap. Got home, realised both sides were of different sizes and i couldn't fit my right leg in at all. Now i've got to send it back to Hong Kong and hopefully my colleague can find the shady shop and hope that she could change it for me.

All in all, i still enjoyed my trip. I was glad at least i came home safe and sound. Money is going to be the last issue to bother me. I may be poor but i do not wanna stay unhappy as well. I'm looking forward to my next Hong Kong trip already.

No comments: