Thursday, February 15, 2007

JJJJJJeeeeggggiiieee Dai Gah Jhe

When i first came into my current company, i was the happiest camper ever. The best ever colleagues, the best ever boss, the best ever Dai Gah Jhe. "DGJ" used to be a practising lawyer and has always struck me as a superbly intelligent person, fun to be with, excellent cook and a great mentor only second to my ex-boss, "GooLeeEr". "DGJ" is like the big sister whom i've never had who looks after me, shoosh me when my untame mouth leaks, brings me yummy pavlovas and pull me to meetings simply to help me pick up stuffs i should be learning but am not.

When i found out that she was leaving, my tears just came down like a running tap. The office is going to be so different. "GooLeeEr" left and the office has already evolved to a form i can't even recognise and on some days, dread coming in. Now that "DGJ" is going leave, don't think the office will change vastly but to me, my world will be altered. I don't want her to leave but i know she'll be much happier somewhere else. I can see myself running down to Boat Quay to whine and wine with her.

"DGJ" has got the nicest dress sense. She's one of the best cook i've ever come across. But most importantly, she's my "stairwell" buddy. Without her, my world will just lose the "it" in stuffs. Who can i bitch and complain to when i go to the stairwell in future? I guess life just has to move on but one thing i'm sure of is, "Once a DGJ, always a DGJ"

No comments: