Saturday, May 19, 2007

Phantom Of The Opera

Bravo! I'm definitely not the first nor the last person to make sure a comment and it's absolutely brilliant. I love it. The precision, the set, the cast are all top notch.

I was trying hard to keep myself awake throughout the show, not because it made me sleepy. I just had a hard week i guess. Given a chance, i'd love to watch it again. Thank goodness the coming week is gonna be a short one.

Musicals in general, do not welcome late-comers and in fact, if you're late, you will not be admitted until the intermission. But given the nature of Singaporeans who simply love to be late for everything, was unsurprisingly late for the musical and interrupted everyone else. Due to the limited leg room, the whole role of people had to stand up when this couple came in late for the musical and unfortunately for all of us, they're seated right in the middle of the semi-circle. These people should just be taught a lesson and not be late.

On top of their punctuality issue, the management actually had to block out phone reception for the entire theatre. Despite all that, there were people who still took their phone out to check/play half way through the show. I'm not scomplaining just about everything but you know when the theatre is dark, someone whose playing with their phone will look damn obvious. C'mon, give the cast due respect. the rightfully deserve them and just because you've paid for it, doesn't mean you're king. I've paid to enjoy my show in peace as well!

After the show, i ran into Twiggy and Miss Pan Pac. Of all people, only Miss Pan Pac shared my schoolgirl craziness squirming over the body of the Phantom and how cute we can imagine him to be just by the size of his shoulders. Ooohh...Swoooonnn...

I'd love to catch the Phantom again in my lifetime. It's great and all worth it.

No comments: