Thursday, June 21, 2007

Life's Cynicism

Some may view this article as melancholic or simply happy complete with foresight about life. Ppppbbbttttt....

Mom told me last night that we may be moving to a smaller house. To me, that's perfectly fine since I've anticipated to completely move out within this couple of years. Having such a big space is totally redundant for the 4 of us, plus that dog of course. Besides, we'd just hide in our rooms whenever we step past that main door with an ironic "Welcome" mat in front. Well, i take back the "simply happy" from the top. I'm too cynical for that.

The only thing i can hope for is not to move to some God-forsaken nucleus town where going to work will take 2 hours. 4 hours on the road going to and from work is not going to aid in a sleep-deprived alien like myself. I'm just going to stay out to drown my sorrows since home is simply too far to return to.

Met up with "Oscar-ised" for lunch the other day and people around us probably felt the aura of 2 unmarried spinsters (Duh, spinsters are unmarried right?) lamenting about life and how sickening it is to receive wedding invitations and what do we do to entertain some of them and get rid of the rest of them. Mind you, we're not un-marriageable. She's probably not intending to do so. For me, probably someday, just not yet.

I'm hunting for a 2 room apartment (For Sale or For Rent), decently renovated, not too old, District 9-16, 20-21, 26-28 all fine. Anyway outside these zones would be considered based on location, interior, price... Send me some pictures. Work much better than bugging me anyway.

Next. Kids. Fun to play with but when they create all sorts of mess, you just gotta either hand them to the helper or even better, return them to their parents. Imagine having your own kids, can't shove it back, can't get rid of them, no matter how much you love them, my patience has a limit cap. Utterly impossible. Though many told me, when you have them it's different. Given the yuppie, carefree, drink when i want to, wakeboard when i love to, movies when i feel like, sleep when i need to, LOVELY lifestyle, why would i want to jeopardise that at all. Cynical as i may sound, i do love kids. Just not mine. Not yet, though.

When you see friends with kids, don't you wonder why you can't put them on leash or debark them, spray something onto your bags and shoes so they don't scratch or bite them, then you smile and say it with ultimate plasticity, "how cute". Seriously, i do love kids. Take LaLa for example. I love her to bits. But when she start to show lost in interest (in me), i couldn't find the energy to please her all over again and get her attention. I'd be like, "oh, whatever" right. And I'm glad i can return her to the helpers. Anyone of the helpers.

Funnily, i can't wait to have these troubles... Maybe in a few years time. Right now, i wanna go wakeboarding!

4 comments:

Marquis_De_Sade said...

Amen to that!!

How's Chris doing back home? Heard she's with Sony now? =)

BlackCookie said...

Yeah, starting next week. This is FUN! Quick i might be able to put you with BMG ahhahah

The in-house legal market is so vibrant right now but i think you should stick to private practice for a couple of years. You'd be worth alot more.

Marquis_De_Sade said...

I have no immediate intention to do in-house but I might in the future.

heh.

So cold.... brrr....

Sorry was a bit bored earlier in the day. Explain my posting on your comment section (see discrimination).

:P

BlackCookie said...

no lah won't recommend in-house for the next 10 years.