Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Christmas of 2003

I was going through some of my stuffs and found a diary with only one page written. Haha, so me. It was an entry on the Christmas of 2003. Gosh, time really flies.

Still remember on the 23rd, I went to a dinner as a guy's date to his place. His Dad is some MP but seriously doesn't behave like one. Not in a bad way... My friend's Dad was taking some pictures for me but kept taking it from slightly different angle. he's just so nice but we reckon we could just photoshop most of them. Till today, i haven't seen the pictures but i do remember, i was wearing this white dress that made me look like a toned down Christmas tree. They were all the prim and proper nerdy people so after that night, i've never met anyone of them ever again. Maybe i'm just not the studious sort.

24th was all fun and running around. Most of you may be preparing for countdowns but that year, we just club hopped. Had a simple BBQ at "Hairy Chest's" place where i met "UHU Glue's BF", "Limited Edition Havaiians", etc. We ended up at Centro. I can't believe we went there, it was SO BORING!!!

If you think New Year's eve was better, it probably was if you think hopping through all the clubs in Singapore was great. Had BBQ(yes, again but this one is really cool) then headed for Wala-Wala in Holland V. Had a brief countdown before heading for Somerset Bar at Swissotel The Plaza. After a drink or two, we finally gave up and decided M.Sultan was the place. Damn, everywhere was packed so we moved from Newsroom to Dbl O then Coyote Ugly. Think we ended up in Next Page. By then, it was 3.30am. Still, with sufficient alcohol, we were a happy bunch. BTW, we were still on ICQ. Don't you bloody miss that? It's like "C'mon ICQ me, my ICQ number is 1664044." How nostalgic.

Come to think of it, those were the times we didn't had much mundane worries like we do now. Then again, that bunch of guys are probably somewhere in this little world, drinking themselves blank after a hard day of work.

Whiskey, anyone?

4 comments:

Marquis_De_Sade said...

There's a whiskey promotion here in Hobart ~ 1 JW black label + 1 red label for A$60!! Plan's to hide all the black ones and just leave the reds on the bar display. No way I am serving people in the parties black label.

In case you are wondering, I bought 4 sets of the promotion package. :P Welcome to Semester 2 people!!

BlackCookie said...

Then again, you're in HOBART!!!

When you get some nice... say... Macallan, i might consider paying you a visit!

Marquis_De_Sade said...

Coincidentally I do. 18years.

Bought it at the same place where I got my black labels last year after thanksgiving I think. (No I did not stole it from the dinner host.)

For now, can't afford anything more than JW or Glenlivet... and only when they are on promotions. Treachery of a student's budget. *pout*

Zhoos said...

and I'm here.