Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Did I Leave My Footprint In You?

Things are finally moving for the luxury resort group and my guy gets to stay in Bali for 3 nights. Ah, I want to be there too. It's been another day of endless meetings and in fact, I just finished dinner with one very serious candidate. 1.5 hours and not a single joke. The laughs were awkward but hey, as long as he's good for the client, he's good for me.

Is it just me or is it a common thing for everyone that in your job, you get to meet with people and some of them have a soft spot for you? I really appreciate the friendship that you slowly build up and after a while, they don't feel like clients to you anymore. You genuinely care whether the person had dinner or is undergoing mid-life crisis. Even if they are no longer within my care, they remain as friends. This is the part of the job I enjoy most and I've probably benefited the most from because I love the interaction myself. Some people fail to see that recruitment is a "people-oriented" industry and that you're looking at more than purely making big money. Someone else's opinion of your character and integrity goes a long long way. I guess I'm still learning to get the balance right and hopefully feel less bothered by crappy people and not to care so much about others.

Some people in our lives come and go. Some come and you hope they don't go. Somehow, they just slowly slipped away. Most often than not, we try not to focus on the slipping away part but we can't deny that it affects us immensely. We end up having these characters appear in our dreams and at times, we can't even recall their names. Some people leave such long lasting footprints that no matter how much the waves rush in to wash them out, they stubbornly remain. Deep inside us, maybe we want these footprints to stay. Other footprints get washed away leaving us with tears and frantic attempts to remember how those footprints look like. Sometimes we secretly hope, they are not just footprints. Sometimes you hope to threading and following these prints. Other times, it may be good to have some footprints after you walked past the tracks. Impression stays, regardless of the size of your feet. Impression lives, regardless of the intention. When you're holding onto something, even merely a feeling, hoping that it'll come back, knowing it won't, the pain could be explosive and instant or it will live. In some cases, the pain grows. Some may not even be pain, it's an unbearable ache. The long-lasting ache that calls for a desperate shout. Nothing hurts more than waiting but end of the day, do we know what we're actually waiting for?

If only people can have similar views and perspertive, even looking at the same side of the moon.

I'm looking out the window
Where we sat to watch the stars
There's a chill within the air
It makes my heart long for your touch
You may be miles away
But as I kneel to pray

I see the same side of the moon
That we'll be looking on when the world turns blue
And know that time and space can't come between me and you
We share the same side of the moon
And though you'll never see all the tears shine through
I know I can't be that far from you
If we're both looking on the same side of the moon

I picture you across the ocean
In your corner of the world
I pray the wind will blow my voice
And gently whisper in your ear
Your night may be my day
And though the seasons change

It's still the same side of the moon
That we'll be looking on when the world turns blue
And know that time and space can't come between me and you
We share the same side of the moon
And though you'll never see all the tears shine through
I know I can't be that far from you
If we're both looking on the same side of the moon
I know I can't be that far from you
If we're both looking on the same side of the moon

No comments: