Saturday, December 22, 2007

Fine, I'm The Dodo!

Woke up to some dim sum in Chinatown and was walking around downtown Broadway. Ended up around Union Square. Something really silly happened today. I was in the train when I discovered "a disaster". As usual, the Blur Queen, aka Me, had my hands stuck inside my pocket to keep themwarm. Then was fondling with my camera and suddenly occured to me that I actually put my battery to charge last night. I turned to our "New York Dodo" friend and said, "You promise you won't laugh at me ok. I'm going to tell you something. I brought my camera but I think I left the battery in the apartment." So I was lugging my camera around the entire day without any power and wasn't able to take any pictures. Wasted. Another one of the "bumping into glass door" sort of story to tell...

The incessant winter weather inducing eating should stop right about now. Don't think going back with a bigger waistline is going to help so I shall put a stop to all the temptations!

The cold air seemed to have cleared the head. Even if it's freezing out there, some thoughts were warm enough to keep the spirits up. Some voices are comforting but what it brings may be unequally husky. The legs kept going at an increasing speed, the body is unsure of the steps ahead, the heart wants to go, the head knows it's rocky, the roads aren't readily paved, reminding oneself to have faith that the steam roller will even out the roads and warm the hands needed to drive the machine. The roads ahead needs to be paved with caution and loads of TLC. One day, we will have 21 elephants walk on it just like how people started to believe in the Brooklyn Bridge. Like any roads or bridges, there will be days of heavy traffic or no traffic but as long as the roads are functioning in both directions, this road will not cease to function. When will the roads be opened for traffic?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How come u so blur lah! CHARGE YOUR BATTERIES!!! Missing u and your pictures! Muak...Love you!