Wednesday, February 13, 2008

挣扎 - 直到爱消失

This year, Valentines' Day to me is a self inflicted taboo subject. Well, as you see, I can't be bothered anymore. Some thinks it's a commercial day, others truly believe it's a day that lovers express their love to one another. Last year this time, I thought I was the happiest girl in the world and I probably was at that point in time. This year, I don't even want to think about it. Will no expectations still lead to disappointment?

On one hand, I'm glad that Fatshark Guru is back with Skeeter Mom but that only means that I'm left with Urban Legend Wifey. One thing we have in common - we have chosen to be in this position when it's not even a choice to begin with, but every corner of us only hopes to be in the arms of the people who mean the world to us. Despite how the festivity is being marketed and what it's being commonly believed, girls don't need chocolates to tide us over the low period that the man is not around, we need that strong pair of arms who would hold us and reassure us... "Everything is going to be just fine."

Some people go through great lengths for those who means to you. Or rather, everyone go through great lengths for people who makes a difference. Time is generally and subjectively elastic and if the intention is clear, time should not be a barrier. But having said that, time changes things. Time changes how people feel. Time has the capacity to grow disappointment. Time builds enough courage for people to pack and go. Time allows people to see clearly. Time also blurs your vision. Time is something that we both have and not have. Time is something I wanna make it ours instead of just spending all of mine wanting those of yours.

Blur vision is a sign of disillusion... But somehow, it becomes clearer that probably some things are not meant to be and disappointment marks the deadline.

Was it you who spoke the words that things would happen but not to me
Oh things are gonna happen naturally
Oh taking your advice I'm looking on the bright side
And balancing the whole thing
But often times those words get tangled up in lines
And the bright lights turn to night
Until the dawn it brings
Another day to sing about the magic that was you and me

Cause you and I both loved
What you and I spoke of
And others just read of
Others only read of the love, the love that I love.




直到爱消失你才懂得
去珍惜身边每个每好风景
只是他早已离去
直到你相逢
他早已经不在对你留恋
最后的你
开始了一段挣扎
你那么爱他
为什么不把他留下
为什么不说心里话
你深爱他
这是每个人都知道啊
你那么爱他
为什么不把他留下
是不是你有深爱的两个他
所以你不想再让自己无法自拔

No comments: