Monday, September 01, 2008

Day 3 on Saturday

Day 3 is comparatively exciting. Besides worrying for our flight and the riot for the first half of the day, we were barely affected. Signing a minutely hefty credit card bill, I was whisked into another 3 full hours of massages and a Jurlique facial. It can only be described as a aromatic experience. The rose mist that was sprayed on my face after every facial procedure helped tremendously in soothing the cramps that I was experiencing. My acnes are also getting worse which is why I chose this day to start on the Pill. Hoping to see a difference, I’m also living in fear that this puts on me the higher risk group for breast cancer, not forgetting I’m as already in the high risk group. The cramps and water retention is killing me slowly so the Pill would probably ease all the PMS.

Dinner was initially booked for a party of 3 at Baan Rim Pa, an award winning restaurant here in Phuket. Alkie ED couldn’t make it so Fongster and myself went ahead. To grab a tuk-tuk or taxi there will cost us 300baht and the vendors here refuses to budge. So we resorted to renting a scooter. Here’s the catch, neither of us could ride. Of course, Fongster with the longer legs would probably be the safer rider. He’s got the set of “brakes” I don’t have. Without “power steering”, the “brakes” were crucial when we were making the u-turns. Upon reaching the restaurant, I thought we achieved something great that day by evading the mini oligopoly here on Karon beach. By the way, the bike rental costs us a total of 200baht and another 40baht for gasoline. Trip to the restaurant and back would easily set up back by at least 600baht. For the two of us who just spent nearly 6000baht on dinner, we didn’t quite save much but it was definitely the highlight of the trip.

The last we’ve heard from Alkie ED, there were flights scheduled to come in from Singapore so we are likely to have a flight back home tomorrow. Fingers still tightly crossed.

No comments: