Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dark In Here...

Needless to say, you must be one of those common people who have felt the slowdown in the economic downturn. Having just made a lateral move to another consultancy, I couldn't have started on a worse note. The glorious days of good money seems to be over and everything is starting to look so gloomy. Like the weather, there seem to be a constant overcast at all times. The next dollar seems to be harder to come by...

Even than, I remain positive that things will be better. To be absolutely frank, when I typed the above statement, I felt guilty if I really meant it. Things might be better some day but I'm not seeing the light and in fact, we're just at the very beginning of the cold and dark tunnel. It's sadistic but it feels good to know that there will always be people who are worse off but there are also a bunch of people who thrive that during times like that and can make the best out of the worst situation.

Who doesn't want to have this sort of ability and mentality but truth is, we're all born differently. I've always felt vulnerable to changes and it could be the way I was brought up. I may seem like an adventurous person but in actual fact, I might just be the most conservative person you'll ever know. In terms of my actions and body language, I tend to be loud and larger than life. Behind closed doors, I'm just a wimp and always reluctant to step out of my comfort zone and take some kind of risk. To me, I can't possibly find something else that could give me the flexibility and possibilities which is why I'm not keen to try. Having said that, I might have been too independent since I was young so I had to fight for every bit myself hence the reluctance to let go. However, things aren't as dark as I'm portraying it. It is still not the end. If the warrior in me starts to fight the war again, I might just make a comeback pretty soon.

So right now, it's best that I hide behind the screen and start hunting...

No comments: