Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Giving & Taking

This is an age old subject which I believe few of us have found a balance in this delicate mix. Some of us find ourselves giving more and others, taking. Thing is, would takers know that they're taking?

To prevent ourselves from taking things for granted, we often find ourselves questioning our souls within if we're being appreciated for the little things in life that we do and more often than not, little sacrifices made by us. Sacrifices are not often measurable by it's quality or quantity because when you truly love and care, these things doesn't matter. It does, however, matter a great deal when having this particular person around and the importance of it is being overlooked. That is when relationships fail and crack.

To be able to give is actually a great thing and when we love, we forget about the giving. Constant review will allow you to think if you've been a happy camper. When the sky turns grey, you wonder if the rain will ever stop and if the sun will re-emerge. The sun might came back up in a different way, may not be what you expect it to be but does that mean that you're staying up to look at the break of dawn or would you rather to lying in bed snoozing away.

Was told not too long ago that I have to constantly believe that I'm a diamond. In order for others to love me, I have first got to love myself. Should I even allow anything or anyone to cause chaos to my life? The answer waits to be seen because in life, there are just so many little bits that makes it colourful that might eventually bring you down or put you in a better place. We don't just sweep it away because it's messing up the place now. In a way, I'm too positive and hopeful for my own good and in a way, I wonder if I'll ever see the rainbow. Either way, we need to love ourselves again and probably not allow ourselves to get battered and torn again. Diamonds are diamonds because they are unique and with the right lighting, the attention it draws may just be extraordinary.

Life would be so much better is everyone can take everyone else a little more seriously and not be bothered with the nitty gritties. The very minimum is to appreciate the little things people around you do for you in order to see life in the bigger picture.

No comments: