Saturday, August 22, 2009

Moving The Feet

Babooshka Mom once told me if one ever dreads stepping out of the door in the morning, things need to change and if we're able to do that, we should. I did that once not knowing if it was a good choice because if I could turn back time, I might have been alot more cautious and wouldn't be where I am today. Then again, had it not been the change, I might not have encountered some things, incidents nor people. The experience isn't quite exhilarating but definitely priceless. Meeting and working with Bring Thou The Knife is unexpectedly rewarding. Now that this chapter is closing, how the next chapter begins or continues got me thinking...

The credit crunch of 2008 affected many and I wasn't pardoned. That was the first economic depression of my working life. "Subprime" became a household term. Presumed stability was an illusion. No occupation is absolutely recession proof. Medical might be one but there are still part of the profession that was affected in one way or another. So far, if one has escaped the perils of the subprime led recession, you should be thanking God. Then again, I still believe that everything in life happens for a reason and that The Mighty One works in mysterious ways. Doubt is something I should avoid or should I say, I have tried. But by the very end of the day, I find my hands wide open, surrendering all. Absolutely frail and without defence, I often am left clueless. I talk, I speak, I scream and sometimes, I cry. All in the hope that my weak voice can be heard. Pressures emerge when you least need it and as much as I agree what Dad once taught me about life with regards to money, some problems just seem to get bigger without it.

When the market picks up, will life reset back to where it was left behind? Would it be desired? Would the newly amassed experience sufficiently compensates? Decisions are made in life everyday and to not regret is my personal key in my very own decision making audit committee between the ears. To learn to walk again is no longer a choice. To want more in life is purely a luxurious want but not too much to ask for. To put this in perspective, we all want life to be better today than tomorrow. Maybe I'm still lucky because I've always been given choices...

No comments: