Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Reverse

The colour of my hair has been deliberately coloured for a change but no one could tell the difference. How sad is that? Anyway, almost everyone commented on my weight loss and they all said the same thing, "I don't remember you being so petite/short." According to Bster, it must be the "presence" in terms of the sheer volume one can put their eyes on. Well of course without those clicking stilettos I used to strut in, I'd look far shorter than I actually am. Then again, I am short and I'm happy that way. I used to feel inferior when I was younger but hey, I can't grow legs just like some people can't grow brains! Ha!

Back to the topic of hair, I was born with pretty brown hair and with the fine strands, they just look lighter naturally. Ironically, I was always spotted for coloured hair in school when it was au naturel.

Eons ago... During the first day of school of the start of every academic year, I'll always get called out to the front during morning assembly without fail because the discipline masters/mistresses would always think that I've coloured my hair over the holidays. Truth is, I really only started colouring my hair only at the age of 18 and everything went haywire after that with colours ranging from totally blond to pink and purple (minus off the experience mentioned below).

So after being called out to be ridiculed and embarrassed in front of the entire school, my parents would inevitably be called in the next day. Whenever my Mom steps into the office offering the first handshake to the principal or discipline master/mistress, they would ask no further. My Mom's hair was lighter than mine and hers probably looked uber natural as compared to mine. So I would always be let off without much hassle.

However, I had this teacher who probably had a stick up his arse, went around "catching" people for coloured hair and insisted that my hair wasn't natural. I told him to ring my Mom up but he refused and wanted my hair to be coloured "SHIT-BLACK" the next day. Geared with less than $20 in my pocket, I marched to the nearest pharmacy to get black dye. The closest I got to black was "Blue-Black". (To BloodRed, Can you remember those days?) I thought it was black so I went home to get my hair dyed. Mom thought it was ridiculous but offered to help me out. It was my virgin experience with hair colouring. I swear I looked horrible and my hair looked like a piece of rock! The very next 2 weeks, I was "bleeding" blue water whenever I showered and soon enough, I had blue hair instead. And the cycle of that teacher chasing me repeats itself. Until a time when my Mom had to call the school and told them enough is enough.

So she had my hair cut short... It was a bad hair year because short hair aren't meant for naturally wavy/curly hair. Ryan Giggs was one of those people who could pull it off, few others did successfully. And I learnt from then that I should never have short hair until straightening iron came to the rescue. Should anyone with my pictures then, you can use it to blackmail me but you know I'll hate you perpetually for that.

No comments: