Friday, October 15, 2010

Disconnect to Connect



When I found myself having issues with Blue Potato for using his phone over dinner, I forgot to check out the reflection on the mirror. During a recent conversation, we recalled on how I was t'apping' away on my iPhone and I felt really guilty for being a social failure. Soon after, I forgot how the phone disconnects us from life.

Just about a year ago, I was posting proudly on how much of a Crackberry I was. It is not that I was unaware that human relationships eventually relies on communication, the non-electronic sort. I was unknowingly sucked into the whole "the game is so interesting" or "I so need to twit about this" moment and I didn't care about the other diners on the table nor the rest of the people in the conversation. I was in my world.

Blue Potato showed me this video to prove a point and it was home run. Guilt has overwhelmed me but his patience was too warm to ignore. The understanding that I received was pure bliss.

No comments: