Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Adventures of The Misadventures

Getting my wallet nicked at Platinum Mall wasn't the most pleasant experience. It was a girls' trip together with 7 others from the office. Great food and endless shopping marked most of the trip. However, just several hours into the shopping, I ran out of all money and it wasn't because I spent it all. Having seen the others in despair and reporting their losses, it was a funny sense of relief that I wasn't the only one. The floods in the country have brought the poor up into the city seeking money and definitely not the most of the legal ways. Fortunately for me, I have got friends who could financially help my through the rest of the shopping frenzy and someone at home who efficiently assisted me with cancelling the cards. The trip to the local police station was at adventure in itself. While trying my best to be understood so as to get my statement taken, I was wondering if I'm ever gonna get the massage that I was anticipating.

The trip ended with much regrets, not having the foods I was craving for and insufficient shopping that I had hoped I completed. It was still a trip I will always remember not because of the misadventure, but the company that kept me going. So looking forward to the next one. This time, I'll strap the money close to me with masking tape.

No comments: