Wednesday, March 30, 2011

鼎泰豐 [Din Tai Fung] in Singapore

When 鼎泰豐 first came to Singapore, I was very disappointed as I held very high standard from the original Nanxiang in Shanghai. However, the variety and the price range kept me going back for satisfying meals. Lunch today was at 鼎泰豐 and the queue was horrible as usual. But they did fulfill the promise of the 15 mins wait unlike Putien (was at Putien over the weekend and they told us the wait was 30 mins but no tables even after an hour) which was utterly disappointly. As you can imagine, the restaurant was packed with people. I will not be talking about the quality of food but the service level at this Raffles City branch of 鼎泰豐.

Service was top notch. Little anecdotes to describe why I'd say so.

1. Orders were correct. Easily taken for granted but trust me, with a full house behind you, it's definitely commendable.

2. I was sharing my seat with my bag and the very moment the waitress saw that, she brought me this "barang holder" container to put my bag in it and not to mention, they also used a clean sheet to cover the top of it to protect your privacy and also to prevent any accidental spills damaging your belongings.

3. The tea cups were never empty and we never needed to ask for service.

4. There's always a waiting staff available to respond to your needs and not merely people who avoid eye contact so they wouldn't need to serve you.

5. Most importantly, throughout my time there, they always serves me with a smile no matter how chaotic the restaurant gets.

Just on the service level alone, which is extremely rare in Singapore nowadays, they will always get my vote (and money of course).

No comments: