Monday, December 03, 2012

Before The World Turned Digital

Now that the skeletons are longer haunting me, I can talk about this with a smile on my face. I was cleaning out the closet and found a basketload of cards and letters. I'm glad I have kept them and would encourage everyone to write and give, keep and reminisce. 10 years later, you will look at the silly things you have written or received and I can guarantee that, you will also be having the best time of your life.

So there I was with a basket of cards so I methodically went through one after another. I am definitely not proud of this but I think I broke more hearts than I can remember or wish I did. If life were to repeat, will I be such a cold person all over again? And then I reflected on my life now. According to Watziznehm's, I'm quite an individual person and evidence has shown that I've always been such. I felt sorry for those people who were on the receiving end and got rather angry with myself. I suppose nothing much can be done except to learn from our mistakes. The things we say and do when we were young... The very fact that we had to shoulder no responsibilities at that time not knowing life will slowly introduce us to life and the reality of it, gave us the courage and freedom to say some of the darnest things.

I'm very sure that I can't remember a thing I wrote when I was half my age but what I'm sure is that someone one there will have something I once penned.

Reading through the letters were very therapeutic and made me look rather silly smiling to myself. The best one has got to be the one particular "Get Well Soon" card someone once me together with a pair of toe socks. But perhaps because I couldn't find more evidence of that same person's writing, I tend to treasure it more.

And please laugh with me on this one... "I paged you so many times but you never return my pages. Are you avoiding me?" The above line appeared in several letters from different people. I miss the time of pagers! So before you just post everything onto the database of Facebook in Palo Alto, send them through the mail and expect some love.

No comments: