Friday, February 07, 2014

Another shot of whiskey, can't stop looking at the door...

“They say when you are missing someone that they are probably feeling the same, but I don't think it's possible for you to miss me as much as I'm missing you right now” 
Edna St. Vincent Millay

And I wonder if I ever cross your mind
For me it happens all the time


Trust that you are smiling in your space, enjoying every step you take and occasionally reminiscing the little moments we once shared. In this time, I've learnt that it's about time for me to grow up and let time slowly consume me. The reluctance and inertia reminded me that is just not me. I would have been the person you wanted me to be but I wouldn't be the same person you wanted and loved. What I wanted has never changed and what I have always wanted to do hasn't begun to depart from the starting point. 

This sounds silly and it probably is - Even when you know Coke is bad for you, you yearn so much for it. You stay away and you suffer from withdrawal. They are capable of making you feel good for a minute but very quickly, they will bring out the worst in you. But without it, life is never the same. You spend day and night thinking about it but consciously reminding yourself how bad it is for the body. Slowly but surely, your soul slowly disintegrate and you're a walking zombie with a desire for life. One day, you might be able to completely forget about it. For now, the pain consumes you by the minute. 

Little did I realise how much I would miss those ten minutes, those ten minutes in which I lived an entire lifetime.

I understand now that tomorrow will never come. Facing reality isn't quite my forte. I hope you are well. 

My steps have always been conducted by rhythm and melody. Today, music wets my eyes. My heart no longer skips a beat and life goes on...



No comments: