Monday, November 13, 2006

Old Post - Hong Kong

How coincidental...

6/25/2005
Hong Kong Hong Kong

Life came back to reality once my flight landed on Singapore land last night. Glad to be home as i found out today Hong Kong is having this red warning which means that a typhoon is likely to be on it way to Hong Kong. Though it was raining for most of the time when i was there, i was still shopping non-stop. Just like how the advertisement of the Hong Kong's tourism board went, the entire trip was PURE 买东西,吃东西,买东西,吃东西,买东西,吃东西,休息是不得以。

And for pathetic people like Jo who has a handicapped ability on reading chinese, the above sentence means buying, eating, buying, eating, buying, eating and to rest is inevitable.

By Jo's words, i've stocked up my next year's supply of clothings and shoes and if i feel rich again, very unlikely, i'll be stocking up the winter collection soon. Geez but things are not like what you guys thing. Actually it can be affordable to have shopping trips too. Ask me. Time to start a 1900 number to earn some money for a better trip.This time i stay in this hotel which is right in the middle of action.

Unlike the past, i can't afford to stay in Peninsula and Sheraton this time round but my package's accomodation is this place called Langham Place Hotel which is right in the middle of action in Mongkok, the hip shopping haven. On the other side of the main Nathan Road, it wasn't in the middle of the noise and hustle but all is just an underpass away. Besides, my hotel is connected via the subway and the underpass in their basement. I really recommend all to consider Langham Place if you ever wanna go HongKong. Oh the hotel is new, connected to this 13-storeys full of shopping facilities, the toilet has transparent glass and mirrors everywhere so you can watch TV while you're showering, bathing, shitting, peeing, changing your tampons, brushing your teeth etc, the bed is HUGE the plasma TV is even larger and plenty of space for shopping bags.

Of course i had an upgrade cuz my relative knew someone, somewhere. The hotel's general atmosphere is simply wonderful.Needless to say, shopping was satisfying but the only regret was on the last day, my ammunitions ran dry. Then again i can't resist. I was planning to buy ONE or Two pair of shoes, maybe a pair of dress shoes and definitely a pair of fashion shoes which is the latest Nike Low Dunk. I ended up buying 4 pairs. I bought 2 Nike low Dunk one in brown Hemp design, the other is a cross of Bape design in pink camouflage. I got in at a higher price but the guy told me if i come back in 2 weeks time, prices would drop but i couldn't wait cuz my air-ticket is much more expensive than the price difference. Duh. BTW, i can't remember how much t-shirts i bought. The girls there like multiple layering of clothes, quality discounted but fashion move fast and they buy things all the time. Everyone seem to start shopping at 9am and finish around 2am. Even at 2, people are still shopping. I sticked to good quality clothings but more plain t-shirts which will be very versatile in our ever-tropical weather. If i were to stay there, my fashion would have been very different. I wanna go back to HONGKONG!!!

Went to Madam Tussauds and bought some interesting stuffs too and will blog soon but right now, I need to sleep. Today's period's first day so i'm very tired. Night.

No comments: