Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Big Fish Small Fish

"Long Lashes", my big big big boss, says that he's going to rearrange the seats today. I wonder if that's good news for me. I have my doubts. As you guys know, i'm not someone with the best luck around and i always end up getting the worst so it might be worse than what it is now. Well, i'm getting used to this and it's not as bad. Guess it's blessing in disguise. I'm putting in so much more effort into what i'm doing, not so much that someone is looking at me but i'm not so easily distracted by other things.

Keeping my fingers crossed, i might just have made my first ever placement all done by myself. Beginning from the search to the calling and the crazy arrangements of interviews and organising flights and hotels, meeting with the candidates and client, the worrying if i'll ever get an offer... Now it's all coming together. Albeit it's not big, but it was way bigger than it actually was intended to be and i've made one guy possibly the happiest guy on earth. And also, it's a first for me.

I did one together with DGJ sometime ago but without her help pointing out to me, look this is a perfect candidate, i wouldn't have been able to place that girl. Then again, i must say that i've learnt a great deal from DGJ and my Comedy Boss through these two placements. Yippee!

I know these are peanuts little placements compared to those astronomical once my colleagues are placing but i'm happy because this actually shows that i'm doing the right thing and it's paying off. Good Lord.

Keeping fingers crossed until i see the cheque, and oh well, and also for the whole year while the guy is in the company.

No comments: