Monday, June 04, 2007

Good Shrekky Parenting

I enjoyed my last weekend a great deal and i caught Shrek 3. It was absolutely hilarious and i loved it. It's been some time since i caught such a brainless yet funny film. It was great being able to catch up with my favourite cousin and her 2 girls.

We spoke a little and it's a pain when you realise that the people closest to you are talking behind your back and to make things worse, it's those unpleasant things you know you'd never say something like that about them. I don't like it when someone whom your umbilical cord was once tied to and that you have had so much respect and love for, say stuffs behind you and your respect for them seem to have eroded over the years due to such comments which have obviously been made known and propagated with the help of a couple of malicious chatterboxes.

I have always thought that my parents gave me limitless supply of freedom because they never asked about my life, interfered my relationships or nagged about my results. Slowly i came to realise, maybe they just can't be bothered. However, with that in view, i do secretly hoped that my parents do care and they just wanted to give me a free hand to handle my own affairs. This is clearly not the care. Hearing terrible remarks some people made behind my back, practising favouritism, are just some of the little and insignificant examples that i have to share. Everything i do or attempt to do puts me right on the higher end of the list amongst others on "How to be a good child to your parents". I'm not blaming life and all and i still think one of them loves me and has given me all he could but it's the entire package that comes with the gossip. I simply do not like it.

I'm glad i still have got my cousin, my brother when he doesn't quite irritate me and the man who has given me all he's got for the past 26 years.

Strangely, Tubby's Mom, someone whom i was terrified of, now pushes my head and tells me that lunch is getting cold, attempts to feed me udon salad is more like Mom. Not that she can ever replace anyone in particular but as i told Tubby last night that he should feel really lucky to have a Mom like her and had been there for him all the time. She has added alot of value into my life and giving me alot to look forward.

I digress.

Shrek's been a great film and i would encourage all of you to watch it. It's all worth it and there isn't a single boring moment. I give it 4 out of 5 popcorns!

No comments: