Friday, June 29, 2007

SINGno-interNET

As I'm typing this, I'm being put on hold on the Singnet helpline.

Before i signed up for the stupid Singnet plan, i had good internet connection with Starhub. Never had any dumb problems I'm going through with Singnet. I understand it's an invitation to treat on the bloody advertisements. So i can forgo voiding the contract based on non uninterrupted phone line and such. By the way, I've never had a day of clear phone connection since the day i got my Singnet. The basic term on the contract would be provided me with internet. I haven't had any for the past few days and they suggested getting someone to come down on Monday. That's like one week of no internet.

I'm still being put on hold.

The stupid guy from "Mio" told me that my account is not under Mio so i've totally called the wrong place but he's still trying to listen and solve my problem. To be fair, he's not stupid. I'm just so frustrated with all the screaming at home to get the internet fixed.

Now i'm on the line with a stupid girl. Yes she's stupid. But what can you expect from a normal telemarketing girl who's probably heading for school in a while. I've been talking to her for the past 15 mins trying to tell her that i'm not going to pay for this month's connection and would like to cancel my contract. Guess what she told me. If i'm gonna cancel this, i have to pay the whole of 1 year of the 2 years contract. I'm not on an impossible mission to tell her, "There's NO contract because Singnet was unable to provide me with any reasonable internet service." She doesn't understand, that i don't blame her. But similarly, for the past 10 mins, i've been trying to tell her, i need to speak to someone who knows what i'm talking about. There's absolutely no fucking way that i'm going to pay for the rest of the contract. Argh, must i say this again. Singnet has already breached the contract, hence, NO CONTRACT! NO CONTRACT! Which part of NO or CONTRACT in NO CONTRACT don't these people fucking understand?

Why would anyone of you still want to sign up with Singnet. trust me, i'm not working for Starhub nor Pacific internet. Singnet has really given me shit. No good service, no internet, no crisp phoneline or rather, no normal phone connection. No more Singnet for me. Ever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fierce....

*taps chest*

I scared...

yellowzebra said...

Hey jas, how are you doing?
Anyway, i totally agree with your singnet post.. i had such a load of S**T with their customer service too.. N in the end, they had to come my house 5 times to get the phone up.. Sigh.. MIO ah..

BlackCookie said...

You are??

They're all f***ed up. It's not Mio. It's MIO on the outside but the plan is not MIO. I'm confused too... Sigh...

BlackCookie said...

OMIGOD, EZEN!!! It's you YIZHENG! You look so different. Well the last impression i had of you was the skate scooter! How have you been??