Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Baby Steps

What's the best way to mark my one year anniversary in legal recruitment? A placement. This is one placement that i pushed for it, i did all the job handling both the client and the pile of candidates. It helped by knowing my client well and to give her the sort of person she really wants in her team. I have to say this role is unique and this candidate is really special. Not that she's crème de la crème. Nonetheless, she's great but her personality is not the typical lawyer and neither is the hiring manager. Both of them are like match made in heaven.

On this day, I'd like to thank all of you who believed in me and walk the walk no matter how tough the going gets. I'm feeling a little Grammy's so please allow me. My bosses who trusted my ability, ex-colleagues who encouraged me and friends (including cousins, nieces & nephews) who stood by me.

Lastly, I wish my Grandma can see this in heaven (in amidst of catching her Teochew opera) knowing that I've not grown into a mercenary monster but am enjoying my job while genuinely doing my job the best known way, morally. Missing her...

No comments: