Tuesday, July 03, 2007

It's Been A Year...

It's been ONE year since i came to this company. I still remember when i first stepped in, the office was half of the size today. It's like a small family grown into a industrial factory churning placements.

I can still remember the laughs, the cheese and wine at 4pm, the after work Dive/Post Bar. The remnants of the Chicken Little dance was introduced and subsequently, DJG led the Happy Feet dance. The incredibly silly puns and jokes. The long lunches. The wine/champagne that we sink out lips in whenever we find the vaguest reason to pop the bottle. The gossip of the town. The weird emails we get from candidates.

Then came the goodbyes.

Goodbye Babooshka. (She's too young to be called a Babooshka but she's got a glow in the dark husband!)

Goodbye DJG. Thanks for all the pavlovas and advice when i blurt the worst things out of my mouth.

Goodbye AJD. You deserve so much better. I'm sorry this company can't give you more.

Some people worth a mention are still around. Comedy Boss is probably the only one who supplies me with enough laughter to keep me sane. The endless Yo Mama jokes just sends me into a fit.

Coddler Mom just tries to cheer me up whenever anyone is feeling down and I guess sometimes it's great to have people like that in the office.

Some people came. Good or bad, I really refuse to look into it since I've viewed this place more like a work environment than a cozy warm second home.

All of us want different things in life and if it means that we have to suck it in to survive and emerge the eventual winner, i shall grit my teeth and hope that I can ride the wave and land above the water. Cheesy, but I WILL SURVIVE. I'm enjoying the job but the environment is just not the best nor how it used to be. I guess just like everything in life, we just have to look forward.

I have to survive this mini setback. I can't just move company, jurisdiction, my butt ... I need to achieve something.

No comments: