Sunday, July 22, 2007

In Search Of The Girl In Me!

I wouldn’t say that the last weekend’s been the most fulfilling but it did passed longer than usual but shorter than I anticipated it to be. I should have been gambling in Genting instead but careful thinking and calculation of my finances successful stopped me from making irrational decisions. Frankly, I would love to take a short break and a trip like this would be good for a hectic week. However, thinking that I could postpone these enjoyment to the National Day week, the sacrifices were all well worth it.

I spent half my Saturday lying in bed, meddling with my telly remote aimlessly wondering what I should watch because most of the programs were probably shown the night before. Still, I didn’t have enough encouragement to pull myself out of the bed. I would if I had gone wakeboarding. The gloomy skies just determined that my decision of not going is probably right.

The later half was filled with more fun and of course, alcohol. Went to MOS with a bunch of old friends. All guys by the way. I'm usually the only girl among all my buddies and they'll usually bring their other half along. Yesterday's group were made up of all couples (most in the half married state), a divorcee and myself, single and unavailable. I have to say there weren't alot of alcohol but the mixture was disgusting especially when i'm trying my best to recall.

Woke up today felling sedated and decided that I should probably pamper myself. Was planning for a massage, facial, manicure, pedicure... Ended up with just a facial and how I look like a lobster that was selectively cooked by a hot needle. My face is filled with red, sensitive looking spots. Booked a spot for massage next week... Should be good I reckon... Nails... Maybe during the week... Finally! I feel like a girl again. Before i started work last year, I was leading a tai-tai life with no work, facial and haircut every other week, manicure & pedicure almost every week, massage every once a month when I travel... Now, everything's on budget, i spend almost all my time at work and just can't afford and time & money to do it. Why were we richer when we were students?

I should keep doing all these to make me feel me again... Sigh...

Hearts

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SAVE SOME MONEY MY DEAR! PLAY SLOTS ???

Meiren said...

Why you grumbling when you have free facial?