Friday, July 20, 2007

Insensitivity Goes A Long Fucking Way

I'm on the brink of pulling my hair out.

My candidate, P, was recently rejected by a FMCG MNC which shall not be named. P was fantastic and breezed through her first interview. During her second interview, things got really screwed up and her anxiety was viewed as a sign of over-confidence. Hence, she failed. I'm still trying my best to get her somewhere but the chances are terribly grim. She's great and i feel bad for screwing her interview up. I was the bloody culprit who told her not to be fazed by the approaching storm. Just do everything the same way as the first time round, she would be safe. I only have myself to blame.

The same client hired a candidate whom I called up a little too late because I didn't want to call her because she was on a PERSONAL holiday. I was just trying to be nice and some other recruiter got to the line first because the other recruiter didn't care if she just had a baby or a funeral or a wedding. Maybe I should learn to be a little more insensitive to people and pull them in at first instance. So much hard work... FUCK lah...

Not a great way to end a Friday.

I'm finding someone to have lunch with me tomorrow... Or dinner... Or breakfast??!! Then we'll go shopping??!! Retail therapy!!! A weekend with absolutely no programs is not going to help either. I need to do something over the weekend... But what??!!

No comments: