Monday, July 16, 2007

Sunny Side Up



My latest purchase that i adore. The Just Cavalli shades. I was torn between the D&G black common but fitting "killer look" shades and this glamourous, bling one. I ended up with this bling one. It may not look bling in the picture but trust me, it's actually brown and gold! Love it to bits.

Had i clinched the Company Secretary one this morning, I'd run out to get the D&G one as well but sigh, it's a bad fall off and I'm terribly disappointed. Both client and candidate refused to budge and my candidate was unable to see the long term benefits. Well at least I've learnt another lesson. The negotiations! I should have done it a lot better than I actually did.

By the way, anyone out there kind enough to explain shares to me? Like shares given out by the company, share plan, share options, etc. How much per lot, the price per lot, in fact, hoe many shares per lot, the realisation period??!! HELP!

I need more placements! I wanna go for my Italy trip... And Japan... And Spain... And... And... And...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Various companies adopt different share schemes to retain their talent.

Some offer share options. Ie., the good employee is given an option to exercise after a certain date (say 3 years). So if the share price 3 years later is greater than the day it was given, the employee stands to make the DIFFERENCE in value only.

There is another type of share plan, ie., the company gives a fixed amount of shares to the employee. But it comes with vesting conditions, ie., co must perform x amount of underlying sales growth for say 3 years. If the conditions are satisfied after 3 years, the shares will vest and the employee gets the FULL price.

Got it?