Tuesday, August 21, 2007

He's Just Not that Into You

To be lying here on bed, listening to "High Society", chatting on MSN must be the greatest thing I can imagine myself to be doing on a work day. But when you're sniffling like me coupled with unbearable body aches, it all doesn't seem that ideal anymore. In fact, I'm missing work and I actually long to be sitting in front of my desk, in the middle of the super open office (At work, our tables are all joined up so we can just holla at someone when we need to speak about anything but that means ZERO privacy. When you're pulling your hair off or even smiling to yourself, EVERYONE can see you.), calling up candidates and clients, working in a pile of mess. I have another day of MC tomorrow because my throat is looking very sore and the doctor thinks I really need some rest but I have this feeling I might be back in the office this time tomorrow.

I'm currently reading "he's just not that into you" by Greg Behrendt & Liz Tuccillo. Hilarious. If you like chick books, you should read it but do not read it like a bible. I know many girls do but always bear in mind, you're in control of your life, not a author who doesn't know your situation. Having said that, I have to agree that we girly have to ignore all the guys who fails to come to you and tries his million and one excuses to avoid a relationship because he's just not that into you. I tried out the polls on some of my guy friends and here's the conclusion:

- A serious and long term relationship started with the guy asking the girl out. Cliche but true.

- "a fear of intimacy" has never stopped guys from getting into a relationship

- guys never accidentally slept with anyone

- if the guy broke up with you, it's because he didn't want to go out with you anymore

- if the guy is serious and into you, he WILL ask you out

BR, I really want you to read this book but I do not want you to take this book like a Bible and believe everything it says. I know we've both gone through the "Why do men love bitches" but seriously, you have to be in control of your life. This book makes a good laugh and I know you will enjoy it. Will pass it to you next time I see you. (If you want, that is.)

I can't wait to finish this so I can move on to Jeremy Clarkson. Ah.

No comments: