Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Long Hair vs Short Hair

Many were shocked when I cropped those tresses off some 2 months back. I've been having long hair since JC days and I had to muster some monumental courage to tell my hairdresser, "Just do it!". Since then, I've tried all different types of bobs which may not be the most flattering hair style since I've got a bagel-shaped face.

Whenever I'm down and out, I'd go get myself a haircut/massage/manicure in hope of making myself feel better. I chose the first option today and decided to tweak it a little. Nothing drastic, trimmed it a little, soften the heavy look and layered it to ease the pending growth. Yes, I'm trying to grow it again. Apparently, almost all my guy friends told me, short hair, uh huh, no, totally unfeminine. Some guy I went for dinner with ONCE and subsequently became a normal friend remarked, "Girls with short hair is just like girls without boobs, not so much a girl." Mind you, he probably went to the best university in Australia and was well, born and bred there so it's definitely not an Asian guy thing, let alone a Singaporean man point of view. Where do these people get the impression from but I have to agree, long hair does make me feel more sexy. But short hair makes me feel more in control, just how I want myself to feel in my job.

For now, I'll be stuck with hair neither long or short. Just hope that I get over the in between period quick and by then, I have this feeling I might like it short all over again. Little ironies in life.

Any suggestions? What do you guys think?

3 comments:

Marquis_De_Sade said...

I love girls with short hair!!!

*wink*

BlackCookie said...

ya i know you've had a crush on me for very long already... ppbbbtttt

Marquis_De_Sade said...

oh dear!!! You knew that!!!

*run... hide*