Monday, August 20, 2007

I Want My Sunshine...

Waking up this morning to find my entire nasal cavity all clogged up while trying to put on something good to start a week. After reaching the office, only to find everyone else is late as well, I realised I forgot about my cuff links and I can't remember where I left it so I had to fold up these bloody dangly sleeves. Now that half the day is gone, I finally found my cuff links in my little treasure chest right beside me.

Spent my entire morning speaking to a client whose last name most people have difficulty pronouncing it and I have absolutely no intention of revealing that. He told me that there's something about me that he really liked and he suddenly went "Gotta be your Canadian streak". You see, he's Canadian, I'm not. I joked about maybe I've been shoving too much ice off the driveway and there's just too much salt in the hair. Remember my brains were probably half dead all clogged up by the mucus so it didn't occur to me that it was the least bit funny but he laugh and at one point, he couldn't breathe. I could have given him a heart attack without knowing. (I so can imagine "Barrister in Making" telling me about mens rea or rather, lack thereof.)

Was in the pantry this morning and because we are in a serviced office, we get all sorts of people from all over the world working around us. There's always this group of mid-30s guys who always spend excessive long time chatting away in the pantry. When it comes to activities, I'm like one of the boys which explains why I always get invites to after-work beer or weekend out at sea. Never been to anyone of these. Well, they are afterall guys and you don't have to think very hard to know what they want. This morning, as usual, I went to get my tea and one of guys, "Spongebob" screamed "hey, sexy legs". I was shell-shocked. I've never been called that and to be truthful, I felt flattered. After waking up to reality, I snubbed, "you mean sexy heels, thunderthighs?" I loved the next comment which I'm very proud to announce, he said, "sexy heels. very sexy legs". I could remarked naughtily, "so, my place or yours." I just blushed and thanked him and walked away. Argh, girls are such suckers for compliments knowing these boys need to be taught a lesson for being so mischievous. Having said that, they are a great bunch for some fun and alcohol and to set the record straight for the benefits of my nieces reading this, I have never gone home with guys casually and I will not do do, so do not try these. Such conversations are meant for aging aunties like me who's not hip enough to attend Gwen Stefani's concert! I'm so falling into your Mom's category, not that it's a bad thing but I still wanna feel young!!! Aiyoh, I actually wanted to go for the Ah Mei concert.

Anyway, went out for a walk during lunchtime to take a breather. Didn't know what to get, absolutely no appetite. I'm so sick and tired of Raffles Place, sitting around sniffling away trying to get as much sun within that 10 mins. Ended up shopping around and the prize: another pair of shoes which I doubt I'd wear it more than 3 times. Will post up some pictures.

"Coffee Punter" brought her little bubba in when I came back. He's so cute. Intending to get some pictures up tonight as well so keep watching this space. Er, refresh them occasionally.

Check this out... Beauty!!! All BMW M3 Sold Out in the UK

Back to work and banging my head on all Middle East Oil & Gas companies...

No comments: