Sunday, August 19, 2007

心动

Time really flies. It's almost a year since Grandma passed away. She's probably the only person in this world I've come to love more than myself. When Mom & Dad were busy working, the whole world hated me cuz I was such a weird kid, she never gave up on me. It's not very healthy to be staying home on a Sunday night and sinking into self-pity but I really miss her. Over the past year, so much has happened. Among the cousins, some got divorced, some got married, some had babies, the others are still searching. The nieces & nephews have all moved on from the courtship state to total awkwardness. We have all grown up.

For myself, it was like a roller coaster ride. My job wise, it always seems like it's moving but it actually isn't. Most of the time it's money in the pocket then taken away from you. Then again, the experiences learnt were invaluable.

"Pretty Ka-Chng" and myself have hugged each other so many times with tears covering our faces. This isn't one of the best years. It's like taking baby steps all over again. Both of us all got out from what seemed the worst relationships ever but well, she's got 2 beautiful daughters and me, let's just say I'm glad I'm still not married.

Unfortunately for us, we've got the weirdest sets of parents ever. Our parents seem to find joy in wrecking havoc in our lives. Trust me, you wouldn't believe it until you've met and seen our parents. We're our Grandma's favourite and if she knows her 2 favourite girls are crying themselves to sleep, she'll hold our hands reassuringly and remind us that we're smart girls but we're too strong for our own good. She has always hoped we marry the right people but life is such, we can only do the best for ourselves and hope the others fall into place themselves. I hope my favourite cousin can be strong for her girls and remember, "Ah Ma" is watching us from heaven.

This song is for you, Biao Jie...
有多久没见你
以为你在那里
原来就住在我的心底
陪伴着我的呼吸

有多远的距离
以为闻不到你的气息
谁知道你背影这么长
回头就看到你

过去让它过去
来不及
从头喜欢你
白云缠绕着蓝天
如果
不能够永远都在一起
也至少给我们
怀念的勇气
拥抱的权利
好让你明白
我心动的痕迹

过去让它过去
来不及
从头喜欢你
白云缠绕着蓝天
如果
不能够永远都在一起
也至少给我们
怀念的勇气
拥抱的权利
好让你明白
我心动的痕迹
总是想再见你
还试着打探你的消息
原来
你就住在我的身体
守护我的回忆

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My eyes started to tear when reading, but nowadays I am much happier, as I have learned new ways of looking at things. We should look forward and tomorrow will be better.
Jia You, Ka Chng!
thks for the song!