Saturday, August 18, 2007

Krug vs Dom

Good champagne can't get far from being a Dom Pérignon since he's the very man who invented champagne. It's little brother, Moet, that just does not seem to meet the cut. The bubbles are rough and I'd rather take a Veuve in a heartbeat. Then again, when it comes to true celebration since I've never abandon the thought that champagnes are poisons of occasions, my choices would either be Krug's Grande Cuvée, Moet's Dom Perignon or Veuve's La Grande Dame. For now, I shall keep my mouth shut just because we give Moets as gifts and I still drink them on a regular basis.

Some people love Krug for it's oaky feel and that it's drier than its peers. Let's just call this acquired taste. Personally, I love the Krug but if given a choice, I'll still take the Dom Perignon or La Grande Dame. They feel less complicated and more feminine. Somehow, Krug feels like the masculine version of Veuve's La Grande Dame. Don't come up with the crap that Krug's a guy and Clicquot's a girly. It's just how I feel.

It's weird how you can have slow and lasting sips from the bottle of whiskey by your bedside but you're yearning for a Dom Perignon. But somehow you're hoping that this Dom will be a whiskey one day so that you can enjoy it slowly and not having to finish it once it's chilled and popped and get done and over in no time.

Champagne can lose its bubbles and go into refermentation, it will never be a whiskey. It's afterall from grapes, not grains. If only champagne can go into further fermentation and lose its bubbles, one you can keep and enjoy. Most importantly, not losing the joy of sipping one. On one of these Clicquot Love Seats.

Shit. I can't stay at home all Saturday blogging on boring things like that. Who wants to go shopping with me? I need to check out something over at Kate Spade.

Humming...
听着自己的心跳
没有规则的跳跃
我安静的在思考
并不想被谁打扰
我们曾紧紧拥抱
却又轻易地放掉
这种感觉很微妙
该怎麽说才好

No comments: