Sunday, August 12, 2007

Shopping in Bangkok (Minus The Boatride)

My 3rd day in Bangkok and i'm getting bored. We're back in the hotel after very little shopping. Just didn't have the excitement we had on the first day but i have to say, great company = great fun.

On the first day, upon arrival, i dashed myself to the customs trying to see the city once again with unprecedented fervour. Getting stuck at the customs for 1 hours didn't quite help the situation and i was burning but even then, i managed to make a Japanese girl who offered to start queueing in another line and we'll just see who gets there faster. Seeing big white men getting into fights because one cut the queue of the other did lighten my mood a little. How sadistic. Eventually when i was out of the queue, i took a 400 baht cab to Asok where my hotel for this trip is located.

"Ex-Sir's Sir" left the key with the reception so when i got there i went straight to a seemingly gorgeous room. Then again, i spent barely 30 mins in it before i raced to MBK to meet with the rest. The concierge recommended the boat ride which would only cost 10 baht as compared to taking the MRT then subsequently changing to the BTS. Yeah it's a little confusion. So i went to take the boat alone. What an adventure it was. They were all filled with people and it's a feat just to get up the boat alone. I took a total of 2 attempts just to get up the superbly overcrowded boat. The water was emitting this unbearable stench of leavings. The thought of me makes me want to throw up. Finally i reached Pratunam but it was a far way to MBK. I should have taken a cab. Goodness. I walked to the BTS and took a train to MBK before i was simply too lazy to walk any further. Found the rest at the tailors. You can't imagine how glad i was to see them. It wasn't at all dangerous but the boatride itself was traumatising. BTW, i took the boatride again today with the rest and some of the water went into my mouth. YUCK... I feel sick!!!

Since then, we've been shopping, eating, pampering ourselves with endless massages and manicures/pedicures. During one of the mani/pedi session last night, i found out that "Sir Fit Fit's" wife, "Big Eyes" was from the same primary school, secondary school and JC. What are the chances? We couldn't stop laughing and her sister was my basketball teammate in secondary school. She used to play basketball too, like myself. We know the same people and we were taught by the same teachers. How amazing is that!

Did i forget to mentioned that i spend the whole of yesterday madly shopping from Chatuchak, without any rest, we went off to Centralworld, Siam Square, Discovery Centre and back to MBK for their fitting for the suit. It was insane but i loved it.

Today was alot more relaxed. Did minimal shopping and came back to the hotel for a rest. "Sir Fit Fit" wasn't feeling too well so we just took it real slow. I seriously think i need to get myself another massage... Ahhhhhhh....

No comments: