Thursday, September 13, 2007

Facebook

I never thought it was this fun. Honestly, it wasn't as great a tool for me to keep up with long lost friends. Friendster was way better in that area but for people in the North America, they swear by Facebook. My Aunt in Canada has one but to be fair, she's not too much older. Then again, she's already a Mom. My Uncle on the other hand, is around my age so I wasn't surprised to see him on Facebook when I first signed up after being "coerced" by Uhu Glue's BF. The endless poke war with Uhu Glue's BF never seem to end. We repeated the whole process by clicking "Poke Back" everyday. Don't see extreme fun but I smiled every time I retaliated. A very weird form of therapy I guess.

Many of whom I barely knew either through work or some casual meetups had been nice to send me fishes, flowers and eggs. I go around petting everyone's pets to earn that pathetic 5 munny only to end up feeding their pets. It's very "bo liao" but somehow got me through some rough patches at work. There's even a candidate who saw my updated message on my disappointment, send me a pot of flowers and asked how I was. Very sweet of him...

Even more recently, I've been having a "conversation" with someone I met from the Bimmer group and the topics were boring and repetitive. The stuffs we conversed were nitty gritty bits like, "How's gym?" or "Did you feel the earth shake today?". Even then, I had to say, it's incredibly relieving when you have got too much piled up at work. You may say if I'm piled up I should be putting more time into work and not spend time on Facebook. Truth being, I just spend that one minute replying a message and checking if I've got any new message actually keeps me going through the day without thinking too much about the stress the work is bringing me or whoever's been up my back again. Really therapeutic.

truth be told, I'm not one of those obsessive Facebookers. Seriously! It's been a great avenue to catch up with people whom you don't really meet up. Even my Comedy Boss' wife is on Facebook and I'll just tell here where are the places she could hunt down her Hello Kitty. Little things like that, you'd usually forget about it but with Facebook, whenever you remember something, you could just drop that person a note. Not the most convenient thing like a text message but it'll do the job and you could send that person a plant while checking out how they are. Isn't that nice?

So go get yourself Facebooked and add me!

No comments: