Friday, October 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Jie



It seems like yesterday that I was your Mom's flower girl and now, you're 21! For the past 21 years, we have spent priceless times laughing madly, singing totally off sync, shopping like crazy bitches, together. It's been crazy over the past year especially with my grandma, your great grandma passing on leaving all of us shattered. I still can vividly remember how we hugged and wailed when we took our last look at her. Everything seemed to have gone past in a flash and you're such a big girl now. You're making me feel old.

I may be your aunt but I can't deny that you've always been like a baby sister to me, someone whom I'd want to protect and shelter. Maybe due to our age, we seem to get along like the best of friends. I know life may seem good to you and all but you are a strong girl like your Mom and you keep everything to yourself. I don't know how much unhappiness you've gone through and will go through in life but I know you have the ability to breeze through it and you should also know, I'll always be there for you.

We will grace your party for a while before we go for our "Old Ladies" drinks at Walas. Enjoy today and laugh like you always do. Have a great year ahead.

No comments: