Saturday, October 20, 2007

Wakeboarding Diaries

Wakeboarding has proven to be incredibly addictive. As a victim and speaking from personal experience, withdrawal symptoms are nothing compared to being unable to ride the wakes for anytime more than a week. Some time ago, I organised a wakeboarding event for one of the car forums as a nice gesture and all of thse who went out with me the first time, was deadly hooked so the outing which was meant to be an one off event, became a regular weekly affair.

Today was one of the most enjoyable wakeboarding sessions so far. We had a good size of about 6 people in total. A little bigger than the ideal number but well, there's no perfect number for any number of hours booked and with our favourite instructor, he's really flexible with the hours. (If you're keen on taking up wakeboarding, drop me a line, I'll pass you his number. Excellent instructor.)

The most amazing improvement could be seen on Como. He could barely ride the last time and today, he's crossing the wakes. He's the perfect example to show, perseverance pays. The confidence level did played a crucial role as well. Ah Orh was a little tensed today but after managing to loosen those nerves a little, he was as good as before, if not even better. Somehow I feel that there's alot on his mind today and not merely wakeboarding stuffs. Then again, he's a happy man now since he managed to sell his OrhLulu 7 to an appreciative owner and probably loves his 22 inches.... of rims. Haze is improving very constantly and will soon be able to cross the wake without much problem. Charmmy and her Kitty were just testing out their boards and loving the times out there. For myself, not the best improvement ever but it did made me reinforce my basics and soon, I'll be able to pop the wake... Woohoo!

The addiction is poisoning this group of people so bad that they're planning and scheming to skip work just to go wakeboarding. Ridiculous! Ah hem...

Everyone's gonna be away next week so I need to find new kakis to ride so if you're keen, let me know.

Time to visit the driving range tomorrow which I've not done so since January 2005.

No comments: