Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Lunch @ Raffles' Place

Lunch is always a pain in Raffles' Place.

I hate the tissue packs culture and have never done anything of the sort. A joke based on "Mao Meen's" personal experience - His colleagues and him left tissue packs on the table to "chope" the seats while they went to get their lunch. When they return to their seats, he found an "ang moh" couple sitting on their "reserved" seats and were wiping off perspiration with the "free" tissue "provided" on the table. They were obviously tourists.

I can never find people to lunch with me and the reasons are as follows:

- somehow the timing are never good
- very few works in Raffles' Place
- we usually have to rush off
- last minute meetings
- preference to dine in the office where we don't have to squeeze with the crowd
- they are simply not in Raffles' Place

Friends who drop by Raffles' Place once in a while will call me for lunch and I really appreciate the gesture. "Ex-Sir" couldn't make it for lunch today but very pleasantly surprised, Como called around lunch time and asked if I wanted to do lunch. But was coerced into taking another day of annual leave for wakeboarding. Let's see.. Just thankful that I don't have to do a ta bao and have lunch with my computer and stare lovingly into the monitor.

And for the rest of the week, I'm filled with lunch meetings. Lunch is a little less painful this week... Come next week, the pain process starts all over again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm...personally, I kinda like the tissue culture, especially during my Raffles Place days way back yonder.

But eating there during lunch time is really a bitch man...there are people everywhere...now that..I hate... ;)