Monday, December 03, 2007

He's Just Not That Into You - The Film

I've said this a million times, I'm not into self-help books. I have never read a single Antony Robbins nor Who Moved My Cheese? I read this book very much for the fun in the way they wrote it.

Taken from a male-oriented site - AskMen.com

What it says about men: In the words of author Greg Behrendt, "If a (sane) guy really likes you, there ain't nothing that's going to get in his way." This bestselling book is refreshingly upbeat, managing to focus less on man-bashing and more on women's inability to recognize a disinterested partner.

How to handle its readers:
Like most self help books, readers of He's Just Not That Into You come away highly empowered. They know if you don't treat them properly, another, better-suited man gladly will. Women like these are likely to have little patience for your immaturity, so making a good first impression is key. Authors Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo challenge their readers to avoid men who:
1. Keep them waiting by the phone
2. Are not sure they want a relationship
3. Make them feel sexually undesirable
4. Drink or do drugs to an extent it makes them uncomfortable
5. Fear talking about the future
6. Are married

Readers know you're not their only option any more, so give them the attention they deserve and let them know you value your relationship. If you don't want to pursue your relationship, be honest about that, too. Readers of this book will be committed to living a life free of excuses, and they expect the same from you.


For most of the people around me, only point 1, 2 and 6 applies and occasionally point 5 to a lesser extent.

The movie based on the book will be out very soon, starring Drew Barrymore, Scarlett Johansson, Jennifer Aniston, Justin Long, Ben Affleck, Jennifer Connelly, Ginnifer Goodwin, Kevin Connolly, and Bradley Cooper; I can't wait to watch another Jennifer Aniston's show and with Ben Affleck, just ooohhh...

I have to say this everytime. This entry has no bearing whatsoever. Not referring to anyone, anything in particular. (Have to disclaim because I've already got a text asking me who I'm referring to!!) I just love the book and I just saw in Marie Claire when I was having my haircut yesterday that the movie would be out soon.

No comments: