Monday, April 28, 2008

Drifting By Crossroads

Formula Drift rocked. With compliments from Mask Bunny, we were seated comfortably in the Grandstand, otherwise, I'd been charred under the scorching sun. The SPF50 on my face doesn't quite seemed to help since I woke up today with red hot cheeks. My personal favourites would have to be Ryuji Miki and "Madmike" I was rather disappointed when Madmike came in 3rd since I think he's the most skillful drifter present yesterday. Nonetheless, they all put up a good show. There were several funny moments. Eg. The tyre delivering machine, or whatever it's supposed to be called, passed us and we were all cheering it on. And one of the cars had both its bumpers fell off during one of the runs. After that drag, the car looked "botak".

Just one question, let me know if you have got the answer. "Why does the safety car always have to be so fugly?"

Met with some of the old Sharkies yesterday and one of whom, "Not So Spartan 300" has just gotten his new ride. The MINI Cooper S to be specific. Absolutely gorgeous and I'm once again tempted to check the MINI out. The main thing now being Raffles' Place being the ultimately tough place to get season parking and everyone's been encouraging me to get a piece of property instead. That is totally out of my league for now. It's in the pipelines though and I'm pretty happy bunking in with Mom and Dad for now... Until Mom gets on my nerves again that is. Besides, a house is not a home without the components that makes it home. But but but... The MCS and GTi is having a really close fight in my puny little thing called brains now...

Yippe, my Twin in NYC is coming home soon. I'm quite sure she'll be back this year!

I went down to the crossroads, fell down on my knees.
I went down to the crossroads, fell down on my knees.
Asked the Lord above for mercy, "Save me if you please."

I went down to the crossroads, tried to flag a ride.
I went down to the crossroads, tried to flag a ride.
Nobody seemed to know me, everybody passed me by.

I'm going down to Rosedale, take my rider by my side.
I'm going down to Rosedale, take my rider by my side.
You can still barrelhouse, baby, on the riverside.

You can run, you can run, tell my friend-boy Willie Brown.
You can run, you can run, tell my friend-boy Willie Brown.
And I'm standing at the crossroads, believe I'm sinking down.

No comments: