Friday, April 25, 2008

Love Deeper, Speak Sweeter

Taken from one of my favourite songs, "Live Like You Were Dying" by Tim McGraw.

and I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter
and I gave forgiveness I'd been denying
and he said someday I hope you get the chance
to live like you were dying


Life is so short. Over lunch, Ex-Sir's Sir was telling me of the passing of the brother-in-law of my ex-classmate who just got married last month. I met the chap during the dinner and you would never imagine him to be someone who would die young. About a fortnight ago, he had a stroke while waiting for a friend. A passerby found him lying unconscious on the street and sent him to the hospital and by then, he was already pronounced brain-dead. Life is just so unpredictable. But to live like you were dying can prove to be really tiring so I guess the main gist is to do things we wouldn't regret. At the end of life, the very second that we breathe our last, we should not be feeling guilty or empty because we haven't loved deeper or spoke sweeter. Simple things is life can be made so much more fulfilling. Life is unbelievably short, we have to make full use of every possible moment. Tell the very person who means anything to you at all how you really feel because you may never have another chance to say it.

Manuka Honey knows why Manuka Honey is Manuka Honey and is not forgotten.

As for tonight, I'm going to drink and be merry.

No comments: