Thursday, April 03, 2008

"Me"serable

The running around for the past few days has almost turned me into shreds. The little one is much better. An important part of my life has taken a positive turn after spending hours and hours of self-analysing & communicating. How can I actually sound more cryptic? *Frustration

A nightmare last night got me awaken in the middle of the night. It was too dark to figure from pillow stains if I cried but the corner of my eyes were wet. I could feel my body breathing so hard and sobbing because I saw something I'd rather die than to see in that dream. I couldn't sleep anymore after that and the result was sore and puffy eyes this morning.

My limbs were weak and I was mentally exhausted. Dragging myself to put everything I have got left back to work and building that pipeline of mine, I was left with an empty shell without a soul after the lunch meeting. All I wanted was to find a corner where no one can see me and burst out into tears. If you know me, this is not something I will or can do. It's much easier to do that when the lights are out, before the delayed bedtime sits in.

Thinking that having some champagne would be a great way to end a depressing week, totally thrown out of my mind was some painkillers taken about an hour before. And given my current state of mind, I wasn't watching how much I was drinking. And being a cheap drinker, that 2 glasses within 10 mins was enough to kill me.

To my surprise (which I later found out to be just an illusion), I was just a little pinkish but was perfectly fine. On my way back, I couldn't get a cab in the insane storm so as a good girl (obviously!), I took the train home. I was one of the sardines packed in the train cabin with barely enough space to move my toes. Oxygen was either running out or that the alcohol was slowly getting into my system. I started to lose consciousness. I lost my sense of hearing soon after my sight started to fail. I got out the very next stop at Eunos. With the chilled wind blowing in my face I felt better but not well enough until I threw everything out. A really bitter bit got stuck in my throat and only then did I remember that I actually took some painkillers a couple of hours back. With barely enough energy to pick up my phone, I rang Mom and Dad. They came to pick me up immediately and I managed to holding and managed to not puke along the way. Finally threw up the last bit when I got home and only then did I feel better.

Terrible things don't come singularly. I'm blogging with 2 pieces of jumpers around me and I think I'm running a temperature. My tummy's churning and I feel like this is living hell. My nose is starting to run... Poooooooo!

No comments: