Thursday, May 01, 2008

Mini Me

No one likes to be wronged. This sentence is exceeding true for me since people often misconstrue or misunderstand my intentions or actions. Thinking that friends would understand me better, I rarely go out of the way to impress others because that defeats the purpose of finding true friends and when it comes to acquaintances, I simply can't be bothered to try. This is a fault and I know very well. Truly believing in friends who know me, will understand my intentions or the lack of it very well. To be wronged by people who seemingly know me proved to really hurt despite the intentions of the other party. The torturous refusal to explain the situation either due to discomfort or pride proved to be detrimental in life's many relationships.

Been psycho-ing into looking at the Mini all over again. The very moment I bring up the MCS, I hear endless approving nods from people around me. Apparently, it suits my petite, short, round, big eyes, flat butt, chilli padi image. It would be a perfect match with DPE ST-7 but to think the hissing supercharger would now be non-existent is vaguely disappointing. Having said that, with JCW tuning made easier on the pocket, the pocket rocket seems to draw me nearer and nearer to its habitat. With 22 more horses under the hood, my heart is tempted.

For the first time in many months, things are clearing out with credit card bills looking cleaner since Tiger first fell ill and the stretched New York trip. This overdue clearance means that Mom and Dad are well-rewarded with as much help as I can offer to make life better. Took Mom out marketing, super-marketing, shopping and made sure that she didn't have to worry about many things in the next months to come. At least, this aspect of my life, I feel that it's all complete and that people around me are being well taken cared for.

Over dinner earlier, Dad talked about me getting an apartment now since prices are at a low despite the crazy shootup last year. To be fair, it's not quite low but it is definitely not going any lower than this point. To end the numbers talk, Dad just said that since there's space at home, I'm welcomed to stay with them until I can afford to move out so meanwhile, I should seriously consider getting a car. My Mini is waiting for me...

No comments: