Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Taking Time For Granted

Propaganda plays a big part in our everyday life and I never quite doubt what I read on BBC News or what I see on Channel News Asia but the whole Myanmar Cyclone disaster has made me look at things in a different light. The media is largely controlled by the bigger and stronger nations. Do we ever wonder why Burma never quite wanted Americans to step foot on their land? I wouldn't if George Bush, the warlord + Texan oilman, is the president. There are resources to be exploited and the Americans are not going to give you all these help for free. Nothing is free in this world. Why aren't you people seeing it?

As much as I think Myanmar should push for democracy, let the votes decide and the people vote for what they deem as representing their voice. Taking advantage of these countries when they're most vulnerable is just not fair to anyone. Media is so controlled by these people on top and we are so gullible as to believe whatever it portrays. I suppose I'm a victim of such manipulation myself. So with my little insignificant voice, I'm telling you, "whatever we see or hear or read, there's almost always another story behind it."

Some funny clips to get you past the day like it cheered up mine...





Was suppose to catch "Jacques Brel is alive and well and living in Paris" with Alkie Empress Dowager but a meeting which I didn't know when it'll end forced me to cancel it. However, I did finally find time hit the gym and burn off some accumulated guilt. Subway completed the "I need to stay healthy..." régime and hopefully it'll last more than a month. Since my New York trip, I'm been diligently paying for my gym membership that could have been put to better use.

Life is short. Not quite an epiphany but it's a constant reminder to myself that I have to embrace life more than I've been doing. Dilemma being I can't decide if some things are a waste of time. Time is the very last thing that everyone of us should or could waste. Hanging on to a lonely belief is not easy... It's started to freeze...

No comments: