Saturday, July 12, 2008

Blank Thoughts, Blank Life

Current announcements via the PA system is still not asking me to board my flight. In dire need of sleep, I'm staring blankly into thin air in hope of catching some sleep during the 4 hour flight. In our life, we often do things that doesn't quite flush with our intentions and sometimes, we just play with fire till we burn our fingers. Good thing being, well, burning the tip of the fingernails. Things could have been worse but I'm not giving myself an easier time. I only have myself to blame all in the name of fun.

Got a shocking letter yesterday and finally faced up to reality that this world is just too mercenary. When you have lost your value to people, be prepared to be treated like trash and without the least bit of respect that you would expect to command. To be fair, I began with hoping for the best and since this is not the worst, I should be counting my blessings.I suppose there's a reason for everything but this means, I'll just be poor for the next 6 months or so. Gives me all the more reasons to keep pushing myself to scale greater limits. Allowing myself to take my own sweet time is no longer an option, it is deemed obsolete. And with the impending excessive rest, I will only emerge tougher.

Time to board...

No comments: