Monday, July 07, 2008

Life's Jigsaws

Had a real bad fall from wakeboarding yesterday. It wasn’t so bad that my contacts fell out but when I hit the water, it felt as if someone slapped my face real hard and instantly, I knew I was going to get whip lashed. True enough, I can barely move my head today. Although the pain is bordering on my threshold, I am a real happy girl. I had bigger air yesterday. With my heels dug in, great efforts put in not to jerk my body and keeping my handles low, I had higher jumps though not far enough for my 2 wake but I believe if I get the whole “riding up” smoothly, I don’t have to be bothered how “far” I was jumping. Besides, with the right basics, I know I’ll get there so for now, it’s just a matter of time. Just like everything else in life, once you can get your principles and directions in line, the others will fit themselves in nicely like jigsaws.

My cousin’s little celebration for his second ROM was totally following family tradition – Bordering disastrous. As usual, the young people had the good fun – Food, beer, kids running around, amusing you.

Side anecdote – Little Javier, my nephew, said something that really amused me.

Snugloft: When’s your birthday?
Javier: 10th November
Snugloft: Which year?
Javier: Every year!

We have heard this every year joke too many times but coming from an 8 year old and the fact that it was instantaneous, cracked everyone present up.

Another conversation I heard between Javier and Shermen (my other nephew) when someone asked where Javier’s Mom was.

Shermen: Javier’s mommy working at the airport.
Javier: Not airport, she works on the plane.
Shermen: She went to the airport yesterday to work.
Javier: My Mommy went to the airport but she works ON THE PLANE.
Shermen: No! Airport!
Javier: (Sigh!) Children just don’t understand.

Haha… Too funny!

Back to the little party, apparently Golden Mushroom Auntie just didn’t get it that you have to let the kids do whatever they want. My cousin is in his 30s and this is second marriage. She was throwing tantrums in front of the guests and said that she was not being respected since my cousin didn’t invite more relatives from “our” side. I feel that we should just give him all our blessings and hope he lives happily ever after and not creating more problems for him. After watching the entire drama, I was glad my parents are rather open and let me do whatever I wanted. They have never quite interfered in my decision making processes. Though they’ve been bugging me on certain things and how certain legends went silent. While believing in what I believe in which at this point no one apart from myself knows that for a fact, I didn’t want them to question my actions nor decisions in anyway (not that they would but I just don’t like the hassle). So I avoided potential questionings. I don’t like the “see I told you” talks but I’d rather shut them up with real actions. When things are there, they are there.

Having a live-in maid can be inconvenient but let me tell you, my unique situation has been God sent. During this period when I’m all busy and ready to fire off the rocket, my part-time helper needed a place to stay. Her current employer doesn’t have a place for them to stay. Together with her friend, I now have 2 live-in helpers. Apart from the weekly thorough cleaning up they do for us, they still pack bit by bit around the house. Half my wardrobe looks like it’s been through war since the other half looks incredibly neat. The contrast is just like heaven and hell. My room is still a bit of a hell hole right now but I’m sure it’ll be better very soon. Taking a day off to pack my own room will help them keep it organized in future.

With the “deed” done on Friday, I will very soon have some time to pack up my room before I embark on my new journey. This is going to be a tough journey as I’ll be all on myself but with enough determination and hunger to spur me on, I know I will be able to do it. I don’t believe in spoonfeeding where you create a creature who leeches on to wherever that gives food. I’m starting to feel like a leech so I think it’s time I gain some independence and feel how rough outside world can be and grow up accordingly. My plans are to grow out of proportions, out of my shell and surprise everyone else. I will do it and I know I can. Now, I have to bring myself to start doing it.

No comments: