Friday, July 25, 2008

What's That Smell? Something's Burning... My Pocket!

If you're a road idiot like myself, you will need a navigation system. I know once upon a time, we used to have road directories in the car and some of you may still have them. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them, different strokes for different folks. This is just very positive feedback from me, one unique user. Had it not been the GPS, I might have wasted alot more petrol even though it doesn't always give me the best route. Take for example, when there's a choice for me to head home either via the AYE, ECP route which is my preferred choice, it'd always chow the CTE, PIE. And everytime I pass by Ang Mo Kio, my ERP just beeps non stop. Yes, it led me to a heavily congested road and I even have to pay the government for it. However, it will always bring me to where I need to be eventually. I thank God everyday for technology.

Over the last few days, I'm been contemplating making a trip. A backpacking trip. I can imagine some jaws dropping just about NOW. You can imagine me bringing my credit card along and swiping my way into a swanky hotel after 2 days. Well, even 48 hours seem a tad too long for me roughing it out. Truth it, I'd be happy to do it. To shock the skeptics even further, I had in mind to do seasonal jokes like plucking apples, shearing sheeps, providing my 3 lbs of brute strength to vineyards. And yes, paying my way just to do the jobs of $10 an hour. I see it as a pure life learning process, a once in a lifetime priceless experience. I really hope I can find something...

Being a boy trapped in a girl's body, I have quite an array of interests and most of them are really expensive to upkeep. Apart from a usual girl's fetish for bags and shoes, I love cars and anything that makes it go faster and look better. That alone is very damaging for teh bank account. As of today, I have so much in my pipeline I want to do to Kokoro (my car's not so masculine name), I think I'll have to work alot harder come October.

Right now, I hope I'll have excess to play with cameras. I really love the Canon 40D and I'll get it when my bank account eventually grows. Right now, the suspension, anti-roll bars, the exhaust, the chip... is at the top of my priority list. Let me speak to Santa Claus and see what he can do. He's got now till December to save up...

No comments: