Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Brief Movie Reviews

Part of the grand plan to fill up my 3 months of not doing anything is to lunch with different people everyday. The laughs and jokes shared during lunches is something I should be thankful for as long as I don't choke. To keep my readers entertained since I've ran out of daily ramblings and grumbles, I'll have a wider range of what-not to talk about. Come to think of it, haven't I been doing this all along... Getting senile for spending too much time home.

Caught Dark Knight at Gold Class over the weekend. It was kinda cool as we had enough people to book an entire cinema. Come to think of it, 24 seats wasn't hard to fill. No doubt, it was fun to have everyone in the cinema people you know rather well. Doing silly things which you wouldn't usually do in the other theatres were inevitable. As for the movie, I was glad that they managed to portray Batman for who Batman really is and not a superhero. Although not my favourite genre of movie, I enjoyed it tremendously. A good 2.5hours spent in the cinema.

Today, managed to catch "10 promises to my Dog". Not a usual nor popular vote among my friends. All in all, the graphics were rather fake BUT the plot was worth all the while. As a dog lover, I was able to empathise with the lead character. After I got home, I gave my dog a big fat hug and played with him. It has always been easy for me to advocate the fact that our dogs only have us when we have our lives. Doing it myself is a totally different story. With busy work schedules and frantically trying to squeeze the remaining of life into my life, I have barely any time with Tiger. Day after day, he's always there waiting for my return and even when I'm out of the country, he'll still hide in my room whenever there's a thunderstorm. If you love dogs like I do, grab the DVD since I reckon it should be off the charts pretty darn soon.

No comments: