Friday, August 29, 2008

No Scrubs

Day 1 in Phuket was exactly what we expected. The sky was gloomy but thankfully, the rain stayed away except for some temporal showers. Immediately after we landed, Fongster and myself checked into some excellent spa treatment which started the whole holiday.

Day 2 was filled with massages and more massages. We even had to skip lunch as the back to back massages didn’t allow us to have a break. I tried everything from a wrap to an oily aromatherapy massage to the traditional Thai massage, with the exception to a scrub. My last experiences with scrubs were painful and I had to remind myself time and again not to fall into the trap of a spa package that includes scrubs of any sort. But all these might change and I’m very tempted to get myself a good scrub after all the epilating and waxing to achieve that super smooth effect. THAT is what I call, pampering myself. As I can almost predict, tomorrow is going to be filled with more massages.

An unexpected phone call came. It was Alcoholic Empress Dowager. Scheduled to fly in this evening to join us, she had to call to inform us of the bad news. All the flights to Phuket are now grounded. Flights on the way there had to turn back. The Phuket airport is officially close as the workers are allowed to join in the anti-government protest. That leaves Alkie ED with a 2D1N trip even if she is able to fly out of Singapore tomorrow morning. With the romantic dinner for 3 all planned for tomorrow, we might have to cancel all our activities and stick to more massages. I can only pray that Alkie ED can fly in first thing tomorrow morning at a discounted rate as it would be ridiculous for her to pay the full flight amount for a short sleepover. The thunderstorm that Fongster and I pray for is actually brewing right now and if anything sensible were to happen from now till tomorrow, the rioters should go home in amidst of this bad weather.

Fingers all crossed, the thing should end soon and we should be able to fly home on Sunday as scheduled.

No comments: