Monday, August 04, 2008

Spectator Trackie

Sitting here looking at someone else wash my car is such a luxury. I'm at a priceless carwash today watching Kokoro getting pampered down to its engine bay. Life is goooood.

As a preview, the topic today to catch up on lost time would be mainly on the small accident that I got into and the two Track Days that I was there as a spectator.

Let's start with the track days...

As Kokoro wasn't track ready, being in stock condition, I decided at the very last minute to hitch a ride up to Sepang and bring my helmet along just to grab taxi-rides. And that was exactly what I did...

The very first one was on the 28th July and it was a joint track day with the Porsche Club. The cup cars were there deafening my ears with their super duper loud exhaust. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. To see them fly from one end to another and to be able to hear the up and down shifts, was sheer pleasure I'm sure many of you petrol heads out there can relate to. It was an eye opener to see Superman Mechanic aka BVO's A&E at work on 55's red devil. Although it was running on one eye with one of the headlights out, that machine was still zooming past me at what I choose to believe to be supersonic. And he was LOUD... Totally dig his exhaust. After taking a ride in an E46 M3, I felt so sick, I couldn't bring myself to get anymore rides from the other cars. A huge disappointment but for my first experience, it was awesome.

The second one was much better knowing exactly what to expect, I held tight to the handles reducing as much involuntary roll as possible and I remembered to actually breathe. Took 2 rides - One with one of the fastest cars on track that day and the other in Shameless' little monster. He was on semi-slicks and clocked his personal best so that only went to show - I'm not THAT heavy after all. Geez... Benchmarc did exceptionally well in his twin turbos considering it was his virgin Track Day. Impressive... Got to see many GTis that day and when Kokoro grows up, Kokoro wants to be like them as well. Kokoro looks up to the CW King of GTi.

The accident at Bukit Batok is another whole new episode that I'm too lazy to paint out the picture. Shall we pencil this in for tomorrow?

No comments: